Help with Voltage reader

Old 01-06-05, 07:19 AM
JJO
Visiting Guest
Help with Voltage reader

Where can I find simple, basic instructions on how to use a multi-use voltage tester that does resistance, voltage, flow, etc? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-05, 07:51 AM
The best instructions are the ones that come with the multimeter. The typical usage is considerably different for different applications (e.g., testing home wiring, testing electronics, ...). Did you just get one for Christmas? What kind? What do you plan to use it for?

Old 01-06-05, 08:08 AM
There is lots of good help online.
Try doing a google search for "how to use a muti meter" or "how to use a dmm" etc.

Please follow all safety protocols!!

Here is an example of what you can find by doing a search.
http://www.casemodgod.com/multi-meter.htm

Old 01-06-05, 08:03 PM
JJO
Visiting Guest
Question Thanks

Originally Posted by John Nelson
The best instructions are the ones that come with the multimeter. The typical usage is considerably different for different applications (e.g., testing home wiring, testing electronics, ...). Did you just get one for Christmas? What kind? What do you plan to use it for?
John, This is a Radio Shack Digital Multi Use that I got on sale there a few years ago for about $30. Intended to use it for various wiring projects and now have a need to check some electronic equip that powers a 120V 500W DAY/DAK lamp with 4 prongs and 1 main as connectors to the receptacle base. Specifically how to you use meter to test base w 5 "holes" w/o blowing up the machine? Thanks for your effort.
Buzz Thanks for the good direction. Tried it this PM and there's a wealth of info available but not specific to my current need. I'll continue to dig. Thanks to both of you. Jerry