what is this ??? tester?


Old 01-14-05, 10:08 AM
mrblue's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: weatherford tx
Posts: 153
what is this ??? tester?

just got a bunch of old gramps tools and such.. he was electrican for quite a few years. one thing i found had two sockets with bulbs in the them and a wire connecting them. A single wire off each socket that has bare wire on the end of it . i have my guess but would rather ask. I realize my description might be lacking.. thanks for the help..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-05, 10:59 AM
pgtek's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: north Carolina
Posts: 1,391
From what i can guees its a circuit tester.
you should have 1 cord that plug in the wall outlet
1 socket with a light bulb in it
and 2 wire that have end strip
if you plug the cord that has plug on it end and you touch the 2 tip of the strip wire the light bulb should lite up
meanning the circuit is good and there no short or break in it
i used to do that to check heater elements to see is there shorted or not

mystery solved.



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes