How to use forum question

Old 01-14-05, 05:47 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to use forum question

What's the easiest way to find my own posts? I'm not seeing my Electrical post when I search on my userid, but I do see a post I started in Painting. If I click on my userid at the bottom of the page and try to view my posts, it tells me I'm not authorized. I've email cust service at doityourself.com, but they haven't replied.

Thanks,
Sam

Old 01-14-05, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Hello Sam,

If you click on your username at the top of the post, a box should open up where you can select "find posts by xxxx"

Old 01-14-05, 07:41 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sam,

Other than this thread, you have no other posts in the Electrical forum. You did, however, ask a question about 4-way switch wiring in the Lighting forum. Here is a direct link to that thread.

Old 01-20-05, 03:55 PM
S
Thanks John and Greg,

When I click on STERRACINA at the top of the page, I see the line that states SEE ALL POSTS BY STERRACINA. If I click on that line I get:

sterracina, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any idea what causes this. I've also done whole forum searches on my name and it does find an old post in Plumbing, but not this post or the one I have in Lighting.

Thanks for pointing me to that post.

Sam Terracina

Old 01-20-05, 05:20 PM
I can't view prior posts either and I get exactly the same "you do not have permission" message. You wouldn't be using a Mac would you?

It's even worse, ever since they changed to the new forums format I cannot search individual forums. Safari and Firefox for Mac are missing search links that are available for IE on the PC. I complained to Admin once but they brushed it off as a problem on my end. Funny, all the other forums I visit don't have that problem.

Old 01-20-05, 06:02 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
IE is clearly the first priority here. If you're using anything else, you're kind of on your own. They try to make other browsers work, but are not always completely successful.

Old 01-20-05, 06:07 PM
S
I'm using IBM-compatible computers. I've had the same trouble on Windows 98, XP and 2000. I emailed customer service about a month ago, but they never replied.

Old 01-20-05, 06:14 PM
S
All my PCs are using IE. The Dell I'm using now is at IE 6.0.

Old 01-21-05, 06:06 AM
M
FWIW I get the exact same error. This feature used to work, but after a fairly recent upgrade of the forum software I started getting this error.

I also noticed that searching seems to be getting worse with the more recent releases - it wasn't great in the past, now I don't even try anymore...

Old 01-21-05, 07:37 AM
A
Originally Posted by GregH
Hello Sam,

If you click on your username at the top of the post, a box should open up where you can select "find posts by xxxx"
As has been pointed out, this doesn't work for non-mods.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: