Temporary service pole

Old 01-16-05, 04:41 PM
Temporary service pole

Could someone tell me what I need to construct a temporary service pole. I have searched Google and have not found what I need. Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-05, 08:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
A littel more information would be nice.
Underground?
Overhead?
Size?

Many times your local POCO has specifications for temp services.
Most often a temp service is just a pedestal service with a weather proof panel along side or back to back with the meter.

Not to be brash but if you have to ask this and are looking for instructions on the web this is probably not a job you should be attempting.

Old 01-17-05, 05:10 AM
You need to talk to you local power company - if they don't like what you have they won't set the meter. In our area, they like what is called an "H" frame or fixture, basically, a couple of 4x4's set in the ground and connected together with 3/4" plywood. The temporary meterbase and a disconnect switch are mounted on the plywood.

Like Speedy Petey said, maybe you should have somebody more experienced work on this. Temporary feeds are just that, and they don't have all the inspections a permanent installation does, so there is the potential to run in to serious problems if you aren't certain you know what you are doing.

Old 01-17-05, 06:57 AM
Contact your electrical utility company and the local NEC inspector. They'll provide you with the info to do it right the first time.