outlet types


Old 01-18-05, 01:31 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 44
outlet types

I've read enough of the previous posts to know the consenus on backstab connections. I would like to know what the feeling is for outlets where you insert the wire from behind and then the screw tightens a clamp which holds the inserted wires. These outlets preclude you from wrapping the wire around the screw and do not provide the typical backstab connections.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-05, 01:56 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Fayetteville, NY, USA
Posts: 1,052
The ones I've seen are referred to as "specification grade", or spec-grade. Those are proper wire clamps and make excellent terminations in my opinion. Almost as easy as back-stabs but without the future headaches. I say go for it. Expect them to be more expensive than regular grade receptacles, but the quality of those I've seen by Pass & Seymor, Leviton and Hubbel/Bryant is excellent.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes