outdoor wiring

Old 01-27-05, 05:36 AM
outdoor wiring

first i want to thank all of yous for the help in the past month in my outdoor wiring.i finalized my plan ...im going to use 12/2 w/copper ground uf-b romex type wire.im going to run in im conduit along my retaining wall,due to concrete patio in yard.into my shed where im going to put a junction box ,run one outlet in shed,and tap into that outlet for a floresant shop light(4 foot).then from the junction box run an outlet outside attached to shed for my 3 amp pond pump and 80 watt uv light.this line will be tapped into an unused 15 amp airconditioner outlet in my house....and my house is bx 2 wire system,so this ac outlet in house is grounded (checked with outlet tester),so im going to hook the copper ground from the uf cable to the green screw on the outlet and it sould be properly grounded?..........this plan is basically in use now,but the wiring is not grounded (ground wire is just cut flush with romex casing and not hooked up)and looks like regular romex just laying along retaining wall,from previous owner,this is why im going to use the help and advice yous gave me and make it safer and clean looking....thanks again and any advice or changes is greatly appreciated ....george

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-05, 11:45 AM
Make sure you connect the grounding wire to the metal box as well. And don't forget the GFCI.

Old 01-27-05, 03:22 PM
thanks john for all your help along the way....yes at the ac outlet box in the house i will attach the ground to the box itself.....also another question john...being in side an outdoor shed would it be alright to us the uf wire inside ,or should i run bx cable like inside the house......i know as far as inside the house,romex type wire is not allowed in new york,well at least new york city....it must be bx......