ground fault electrical problem

Old 02-02-05, 12:56 PM
jsykas
Visiting Guest
ground fault Amana gas oven

I have an Amana Gas oven model ARG7303WW ser 9907231627. I used the self clean for the 1st time.
After using self clean, when I try to use my microwave or dishwasher (on the same circuit) the ground fault breaker trips. This only happens on a heavy load. If I unplug the oven, the dishwasher and microwave work fine. I changed breakers, same problem.
I pulled out the oven, took off back panel and checked wires. I could not find any wires that appeared compromised. I put it back and everything was OK for one day, then the ground fault started tripping again.
Which wires should I be checking? How do I get to those? I have a volt/ohm meter and am well versed in home wiring.
Is this common when self-cleaning is used? I'll never use the self claening feature again.
Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-05, 08:37 PM
Admin Emeritus
Hello jsykas. Welcome to my Gas Appliances topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

I highly doubt there is an electrical problem with the gas appliance. Does not use large amounts of electrical power in any cycle, to cause a failure of the breaker circuit. May just be too much total current draw on that circuit, etc.

I moved your question here, into the electrical forum topic. The electrical pros in this topic are much better to help you than I could with electrical breaker problems or electrical circuit problems, etc.

Old 02-02-05, 09:16 PM
Are you talking about a GFCI breaker (i.e., in your panel with a lever and a "test" button), or a GFCI receptacle (i.e., not in your panel, but a duplex receptacle with "test" and "reset" buttons)?