Refrigerator freezer not working

Old 02-05-05, 05:52 AM
susie836
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Refrigerator freezer not working

HI,
I have a Hotpoint refrigeraor freezer that is old. It has been running great for many years. The refrigerator part is running very well and is cold. I came home yesterday and the refrigerator freezer is on but its not freezing. I have some ice buildup from my freezer in my refrigerator that has been there for a while. The thermostat from the freezer is locked on the highest setting and i can't move it at all. Can you tell me if there is still hope for this refrigerator and if you have a solution can you spell it out in detail as i am really not electrically inclined.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-05, 06:38 AM
Received 77 Votes on 71 Posts
Is the freezer cold at all? It could be stuck in defrost mode. There is a timer that controls the defrost on/off/

Old 02-05-05, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This could be a simple problem. If there is enough ice build up, your coils might have froze too. Take everything out, unplug and manually defrost it. Quickest way to get the ice to melt inside is to set a fan outside the freezer door blowing into the freezer. Keep the screwdrivers out of the equation, i know far too many people who puncture the coils being impatient.

Old 02-05-05, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is more of a appliance repair problem. you might do better posting this question is the: "Household-Appliances-Electric" forum.