Trouble hooking up Hstat

Old 02-13-05, 09:58 AM
cabininkentucky
Visiting Guest
Trouble hooking up Hstat

I have hooked up a new humidifier on my furnace. The unit is a honeywell and they do not provide good wiring diagrams. I am not sure if I run a hot wire and a negative wire through the Hstat or just a hot to the Hstat and the negative straight to the Humidifier. the Hstat has two wires inside and one hac a C stamped next to it the other has an NO next to it.
Has anyone ever hooked one of these up?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-05, 12:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You might want to check out Honeywell's web site. The H-stat I looked at had two yellow wires going to the humidity control and two red wires, one to the hot and the other to the common terminal. ( It also showed the red wires as 24 v so they were coming into the H-stat from the transformer.

Old 02-13-05, 12:41 PM
My humidistat takes two wires. Since the transformer is 24 volts ac, and you generally switch the hot wire, I would run the hot wire through the humidistat. Although it probably doesn't matter.

By the way, you do have a hot wire, but you don;t have a negative wire. It's a neutral, just like with regular AC wiring.

Old 02-13-05, 12:44 PM
Wink

I cant move you from here . But you should post in humidifiers for more help. Also need more info on just what you have #### and is it 24V or 110V . Do you have a A50 current sensing relay to use on the blower motor wires?????

ED

Old 02-13-05, 01:22 PM
cabininkentucky
Visiting Guest
it works

I think I figured it out. I had posted under humidifiers also. I have a new furnace and it is 24V at HUM hookup. I ran off of the HUM slot and the white wire from the common24V. The hot is ran through the Hstat. and the white directly to the humidifier. I powered it all up and water ran through the drain hose while the furnace was on and it quit when the furnace kicked off. The humidifier was also on during the same times. So far so good.
Elec isnt my specialty but I am learning.
Thanks for the help. see you in other forums

Old 02-13-05, 05:40 PM
jetsfan99usa
Visiting Guest
c= common no= normally open. it just swithches the hot.