murry panel

Old 02-15-05, 03:55 PM
murry panel

does anyone know if square d breakers are compatible with murry panel..my electrician put in some i-t-e breakers in the murry panel,but i cant seem to find murry or i-t-e...from what i can see the ite breakers are Q followed by the amps ...and i know the electical contacy bar on the breaker is 3/4 of an inch (i think i was told its a short breaker and some are longer contacts)...thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-05, 04:15 PM
Square-D and Murray are not compatible. ITE breakers will fit but not recommended because they are not listed for use.

Murray is still available. It is a strong line at the Home Depots in my area.

Old 02-15-05, 05:17 PM
i will check homedepot ,thanks alot...i seen a breaker compatabilty list somewhere i just cant remeber where..

Old 02-15-05, 07:38 PM
I too have a Murray panel, so I've researched the Murray/Siemens/ITE connection. Crouse-Hinds apparently was related to Murray somehow as well, but I'm not sure what the connection is there.

Murray was bought out by Siemens. ITE and Siemens is the same company best I can tell (I've seen pictures of components that had both the Siemens and ITE names on them). Our Home Depot has Siemens, but no Murray. I'm beginning to wonder if they are phasing out the Murray brand. The Murray website, www.murrayelectrical.com no longer functions.

Siemens breakers may be listed for Murray panels...I've been trying to find info to determine if that is the case. I do know that the breakers I have compared look IDENTICAL...the casing itself looks like it came out of the same mold. The only difference I see is the label stuck on the side. The guy at Home Depot thinks Siemens are OK in Murray panels...put that with 75 cents and you can get a cheap cup of coffee. (Actually, this particular HD guy is pretty good.)

Square D is very adament about NOT interchanging their breakers/panels with other brands.

If you can come up with an online compatibility chart, post it here please. I'd love to see it.