Cat5 Terminations

Old 03-02-05, 10:38 AM
Cat5 Terminations

I've just run 7 Cat5 cables to different locations in a residence; I am striving for "maximum" flexibility.

Presuming the customer may have 4 Line/Service/ C-O pairs available, what is the recommended arrangement for connecting to all 4 pairs at one of the room-terminations? I presume 2 "duplex" jacks would be an option.If there are other and better connection methods, please advise.

Proud And Thankful----

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-05, 11:35 AM
They have flex covers that allow up to 4 jacks in one single box. A duplex box/cover will allow you to put 8 jacks, but then you need 2 Cat5 wires.

It's basically the cover with 4 holes in it (usually rectangular). The actual jacks are purchased separately, and they can be phone, Ethernet, coax, speaker. They simply snap-in the cover.

Old 03-02-05, 04:25 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I use them all the time. They are excellent. Mucho flexibility as Trinitro stated.
I sometimes have to do phone, catv, cable in one box and thisis the ticket. They are nice for home theater as well.

Old 03-02-05, 04:40 PM
I generally run 2 Cat5 and 1 coax to each location. That allows for 1 Ethernet, 4 phone lines and 1 TV.