Big flash when unplugging radiator

Reply

  #1  
Old 03-03-05, 05:29 AM
Kari
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Big flash when unplugging radiator

When I unplug my electric radiator I get a big flash. It is plugged into an extension lead. Is the problem with the extension lead socket or the radiators plug?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-03-05, 05:41 AM
Mr Fixit eh's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 94
For safety's sake you should not have electric heaters plugged into extension cords. Period. Extension cords are not designed to handle the high current drawn by these appliances

You are seeing a spark because the heater is running when you disconnect the plug, turn the heater 'off' before you unplug it.
 
  #3  
Old 03-03-05, 05:56 AM
Kari
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thank you.

Thank you,

Kari
 
  #4  
Old 03-03-05, 06:02 AM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central New York State
Posts: 13,973
As was stated, the flash, an arc, is because the unit is turned on.

Please eliminate the extension cord. Extension cords on high current items cause fires. You are risking death by using an extension cord with this device.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
'