outlet problem

Old 03-08-05, 03:42 PM
moparpat22
Visiting Guest
outlet problem

My daughter nocked over her lamb, now theres no power to some of the outlets on this breaker, some things work some don't. This is allso affecting lights on other breakers. The main breaker affected is 9, however lights on 14 and 13 are being afected, if I trip breaker 9 and turn on switch for 9,13 and 14 I get some power to all 3. What is the problem? My email is [email protected] thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-05, 03:57 PM
You should never post your email address in any public forum. To do so is to invite all manner of spam.

How are you determining that you "get some power to all three"?

There could be many problems. If things are truly as you say they are I would start by checking the circuits to make sure that they are not crossed. By that I mean that I would turn off breakers 9 and 13 and turn on breaker 14 and see where I have power. Then I would turn off 9 and 14 and turn on 13 and see where I have power. I would then turn off 13 and 14 and turn on 9 and see where I have power.

If circuits are truly crossed then then you have problems. However, I suspect that your testing method is flawed.

Old 03-08-05, 07:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sounds to me like you have half power. Try to turn the MAIN breaker off and back on again.
Post back with any results or more info.

Old 03-09-05, 10:48 AM
Also, I might suspect that the receptacle the lamp was plugged into has back-stab connections, and they loosened up, knocking out the downstream receptacles. Kill the breaker, pull the recep out of the box and look. If it is connected with back-stabbers, remove them and fasten them using the side screws.

Juice