Three way switches


Old 03-17-05, 07:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Three way switches

I am planning to replace a light switch at the top of my basement stairs with a three-way switch so I can also turn the lights off while still in the basement. I've been told that there is a type of switch that gets hard wired into the existing outlet and a remote unit that I can use at the bottom of the stairs which works electronically without being wired. Is there such a thing? I've gone to Home Depot and Lowe's and they look at me like I'm crazy. Am I?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-05, 08:19 PM
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC.
Posts: 47
Three way switches


You can try this site. I think it has what your looking for

Have A Nice Day
Old 03-18-05, 07:45 AM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
I've see such devices at Home Depot. I think they call them remote light switches.
Old 03-19-05, 06:46 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Three way switch

John Nelson / Linesman,
Thanks to both of you for your reply. While Home Depot no longer carries this switch, the link that Linesman supplied will do the trick.
Thanks again.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes