basement remodel circuits

Old 03-28-05, 03:46 PM
smrtaxx
Visiting Guest
basement remodel circuits

i am currently remodeling a basement and currently have 4 common lights powered by 14/2 from the smoke detector, also i have 14/2 gfi that connects to outside scokets, so thats current power, im adding a bathroom, bedroom, worktop/craft area, and tv area, my plan was to add 1 20a breaker, 12/2 wire directly to bath gfi and thats all on that, 1 wanted to run 15a circuit for all lighting in basement, 4 cans, 1 3' track, 1 bath light and 2 globe lights, then i wanted to run a 12/2 circuit for tv area and also sockets throughout everywhere, my question is to code, gfi in basement bedroom, can i split 12/2 ciruit 3 ways, 1 gfi in bedrrom followed by 2 outlets, then gfi by utility sink/craft area followed by 1 outlet, and the 3rd for 4 outlets one powering t.v/computer, no entertainment system for kids play area...any hekp would be appreciated....

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-05, 03:57 PM
Mostly OK.
Except
You need AFCI in bedroom.
You don't need GFCI in bedroom. It is a finished area. You don't need GFCI in finished area except near sink.

Old 03-28-05, 06:23 PM
While this isn't an electrical issue, remember that the bedroom needs two forms of egress. The existing door and a second door or a window that meets certain qualifications.