Challenger circuit breakers

Old 04-04-05, 05:37 AM
cardmarc
Visiting Guest
Challenger circuit breakers

I have two "Challenger/Slyvania" marked cb panels in my garage. I need to add a two pole 60A 240 V circuit breaker. The big box stores tell me that those are no longer available. On the internet I found a lot of them for sale, BUT I don't know if they will fit. How do I tell? BTW, I have both HOM S1 and Challenger 'type C' in the panels. I am thinking the one I want is a Challenger C260? Am I right?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-05, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by cardmarc
I have two "Challenger/Slyvania" marked cb panels in my garage. I need to add a two pole 60A 240 V circuit breaker. The big box stores tell me that those are no longer available. On the internet I found a lot of them for sale, BUT I don't know if they will fit. How do I tell? BTW, I have both HOM S1 and Challenger 'type C' in the panels. I am thinking the one I want is a Challenger C260? Am I right?
Should be a Cat No. on the existing circuit breakers.

Best if you call an electrical distributor in your area and see if they can help you out.

Old 04-04-05, 10:56 AM
You need to be armed with the specific model number of the breaker panel to ensure the breakers are listed for use in that panel.

Juice