Conductor Count

Old 04-11-05, 09:07 PM
Shotgun
Visiting Guest
Conductor Count

Is there a limit to the number of Romex or NMD lines that can be run through the same hole in the lumber? I would like to run 3 lines through the same 1" hole.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-05, 07:46 AM
That's fine.

Old 04-12-05, 09:20 PM
Shotgun
Visiting Guest
Conductor Count

Thanks John:
This was a very small piece to a much larger puzzle. In trying to make a long story short, I have started to finish the basement in my 5 year old house. I am quite electrical capable from growing up on the farm and from school but some of the finer points in meeting code escape me.

Two weeks ago I added 3 circuits to the basement, 24 receptacles, 18 potlights, and 4 dimmer switches. I combined receptacles and lights on each circuit. It worked fine but after some discussions I discovered that two of the circuits came close to violating my Canadian code (OESC). (example: 6 receptacles and 14 potlights exceeds the code limit of 15 loads per circuit - you can exceed 15 loads if all loads are lights and you do not exceed 1800 watts)

At any rate, I rewired and added a 3rd circuit this evening and put 14 lights on one circuit. I fed the new line through previously drilled holes leading from the panel.

Thanks for the help.