Outdoor Wiring for garden fountain

Old 04-26-05, 04:19 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Outdoor Wiring for garden fountain

I want to install a fountain in my patio garden area. The fountain pump will need an outside outlet for power. Running the electrical wires underground will be really tricky because of the stone patio in-between where the wire would come out of the house to the garden location. Part of the patio is covered by a roof section that attaches to the house and has corner posts. I'm thinking of running the wire out of the house, along the underside of this roof section and then down the post (nearest where the fountain will be) and attaching the outlet box to the back side of the post. I can find detailed description for using the rigid metal type casing for the wire if this is buried but are there alternatives for weatherproofing exterior wiring if the wire will not be buried? I thought I read about a PVC (easier top work with) type - if there are other kinds, would it be OK to use for the protecting the wire when installed under the roof? Thanks for your advice.

Old 04-26-05, 05:45 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
PVC conduit would be the ideal choice I think. It's easier to work with, provides adequate physical protection, can be painted to match your building, and won't rust.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: