Anyone know where I might find an old style kitchen vent?

Old 05-05-05, 08:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Anyone know where I might find an old style kitchen vent?

The house I recently moved into doesn't have a hood over the stove, it has one of the old exhaust fans built into the wall. The problem is is that it doesn't work, and when we cook, the kitchen gets all steamy, the smell doesn't go away and we get this gunk on the ceiling above the stove.

Does anyone know where I might find such a vent fan? It's right above the stove and travels through the external wall and is covered by a flap on the outside of the house. I've tried all the local hardware stores and can't find one anywhere. The consensus is that they don't make them like that any more. Where's a guy to look?
Old 05-05-05, 10:19 AM
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 475
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Old 05-05-05, 10:28 AM
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hamilton County, Ohio
Posts: 3,927
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Old 05-05-05, 08:16 PM
Andrew's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 952
Received 14 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Why not just replace the motor rather than the whole fan? Take the motor to a local motor shop & have them match it. Should be fairly cheap. You are right, they DON'T make them like the used to, so preserve the old fan because it is probably much better than anything available now.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: