What is this?

Old 05-24-05, 05:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
What is this?

Hello all,

Came across this picture and am curious if someone can explain what each of these wires do. I think the 2 black wires going into the conduit are the 2 120V lines. And I can kinda see the bare ground wire. But what are the other wires at the top?


In this picture is a small box on the pole that is connected via flex conduit. What is it?
Old 05-24-05, 05:44 AM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central New York State
Posts: 13,970
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
These pictures appear to be the same setup.

The other heavy wire that connects at the top is the neutral.

The small white and bare wires are the neutral and ground for circuit which uses the upper left circuit breaker and the small black wire. These three wires appear to be from the cable that exits into the flex at the bottom of the panel next to the conduit.

The small box on the pole appears to be a receptacle.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: