Rough Estimate for Wiring Workshop

Old 06-12-05, 07:46 PM
shack
Visiting Guest
Rough Estimate for Wiring Workshop

I recently built a small workshop (8' x 14'). The workshop is approximately 135 feet from the main breaker box. I am wanting to install 4 or 5 outlets, a ceiling fan, and cheap flourescent interior lights. In the shed, I will run power tools such as a table saw, circular saw, miter saw, router, and a charger for a drill. I will also want to power a small radio. Does anyone know a rough estimate for materials only (I know an electrician willing to do the installation)? Do you need anymore information?

Thanks so much for any replies!!!
-David

Old 06-13-05, 05:11 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You haven't provided enough information yet.

Do you need 240 volts? Are all these tools 120 volts? Do you want to allow for expansion?

There are several ways you could go. You could install a single 120 volt circuit. You could install a simple multi wire circuit, yielding two 120 volt circuits. You could install a sub panel, yielding any number of 240 and 120 volt circuits (depending on circuit size).

Old 06-13-05, 05:39 AM
shack
Visiting Guest
All of my tools are 120v. I do not plan on expanding my needs.The most powerful equipment I will use in the workshop is most likely my shopvac, which has a 5 hp motor. Will I experience voltage drop for the long distance I will span? Racraft, do you think you could give a rough estimate for how much each of the options you listed would cost, materials only?

Thanks again!!
-shack

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: