couple of questions

Old 06-13-05, 06:45 PM
WayneBo
Visiting Guest
couple of questions

OK I have 2 outlets in my kitchen that do not work, everything else in the kitchen works fine, but i cannot get these outlets working, i have tried changing the outlets to no avail has anyone got any ideas. also i am moving a wall in my basement that has a light switch on it is there any simple way to isolate the wires without totally removing the whole circuit from the breaker box???

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-05, 06:58 PM
try going to the outlets on either end of these 2 (if they're next to each other), this will tell which way the ckt is coming from. Or... it may come from the basement directly, go under, and look for the wire going up to them. Most of the time, the problem isn't in THE plug not working, it's before it(lost connection, etc). If these are the first 2 plugs coming form the panel, the brkr may be bad, it happens even in newer panels. Same goes for the switch, try to trace where it comes from.

Old 06-14-05, 04:41 AM
mgb
For your kitchen receptacles look for a gfci receptacle or breaker that probably has tripped. Another possibility is a loose connection in the receptacle feeding the 2 that don't work. Were the wires stabbed into the back of the receptacle? This method is notorious for loose connections and they should be removed from the back and wrapped around the screws.