Bathroom Switch

Old 06-14-05, 04:57 PM
JMenta
Visiting Guest
Bathroom Switch

Okay, when it comes to electrical work, I am either so uneducated or ignorant.
That being said, In our bathroom, we have a three way switch - one controls the light, another the fan, and the third a heat lamp. Well, the actual toggle switch that controls the fan stopped working, or only worked intermitently at best. So, I decided to replace the actual fan switch with the heat switch, since we dont really use the heat function.
This switch appears old, since it is not one whole unite. Each switch is separate from the next, and they are all held together with a cover plate. The problem is that after changing out the two switches and replacing everthing in the wall box, the fan doesn't work at all, and to get the light to work, I basically need to position the switch in between off and on. I will have someone look at this, but it won't be for a few days. My question is basically this: In the short term, is this a hazard? Specifically have to "jiggle" the switch to illuminate the bathroom?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-05, 07:53 PM
As long as the wires are tightly connected I would not worry about it too much. It is most likely the contacts in the switch.