outlet

Old 06-26-05, 09:35 AM
roofer2051
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up outlet

i have two outlets not working all of a sudden and have checked the panel and the outlets in ? and thee is no power on just these two

Last edited by roofer2051; 06-26-05 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-05, 11:20 AM
roofer2052,

When you checked the panel...did you check to see if the connection screw on the breaker(s) themselves had voltage at them....could simply be a bad breaker or bad post on the buss.....did you try flipping them all the way off then back on...???

Now.....if you say you checked the panel and all circuits are fine.....and working and just (2) recepts not working...my suggestion is to check those recepts because it might be a bad back wire or bad recept in the circuit and keeping it from reaching the next one which is off also...

I would remove the recept. and check for voltage at the recept...be very careful as even though the plug may not be working...the voltage may still be their and so work with caution.....

I think you may fine a bad recept and a bad backfeed wire or a corrosive old screw causing issues which is stopping the voltage from getting to the next recept in the chain.