dryer outlet

Reply

  #1  
Old 07-05-05, 11:48 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8
dryer outlet

I was recently drying my clothes in my electric dryer and i could smell something so i took a flash light and checked the wall receptacle and is was smoking there appeared to be alot of dust build there.if there was a problem in the wiring wouldnt it throw the breaker ?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-05-05, 11:55 AM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Breakers trip on too much current. Although too much current can cause a fire, so can other things (like poor connections). Breakers can only do so much.

I'd check to make sure my dryer vent line is clear of lint and free flowing. If you have access to where the vent exits the house, then start your dryer up and go outside and feel if a strong stream of air is coming out.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
'