Wiring in Finished Basement Projectd

Old 07-05-05, 01:14 PM
Question Wiring in Finished Basement Projectd

I am in the process of finishing my basement. I have completed the outlet runs on separate circuits (2 circuits (12/2 20amp) for the entire outlet population in the basement) however I am finding difficulty in determining how to get feed into the lighting circuits. I have wired all the lights for each run and connected it back to the switch. I am just unsure if I now come from the circuit box to a switch and then out to another switch or do I go from the circuit box to a light on the run. I would like to have more than one lighting run to the circuit.

Thank you,

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-05, 01:33 PM
dvargo,

You need to run the supply to the switch box itself and if you have additional lights controlled by a different switch you will need to feed the other switch box from the first one you did....just like you did on the recepts around the basement.

Panel-----------{SWITCH}----------{LIGHTS}

Old 07-05-05, 01:42 PM
Thank you,

To clarify, using the scenario of one switch contolling one light, I would then have 3 wires coming into the switch box. The source, a wire to the light and then a wire to the next switch to control another set of lights.

Old 07-05-05, 01:47 PM
Correct.....