gfi socket going no where?

Old 07-11-05, 05:43 PM
inaminutejim
Visiting Guest
Question gfi socket going no where?

I have a 1996 colony 28x60 4br-2bh. IN the hall bathroom the electric socket has gfi protected on it. It does not work and can't trace back to gfi control switch. AND it doesn't afect any other socket in house? does anyone happen to know where the incoming line for this be comming from? where it would tie in at? (going nuts tracing it )

Old 07-11-05, 06:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 431 Votes on 385 Posts
Welcome to the forum
If the outlet itself is not a GFI then it is protected from the GFI in the kitchen or possibly the other bath. You need to find out if the the outlet is getting power to it. [it may be a bad recepticle] If it is not getting power then check the GFI [or any other outlets protected by that GFI]. Since GFI recepticles are cheaper than GFI breakers most all homes are wired with a GFI recepticle protecting the necessarry circuits. [baths, kitchen -near sink,and exterior]. I assume you know how to use a volt meter to check for hot wires, if not call an electrician.

Old 07-14-05, 12:34 PM
inaminutejim
Visiting Guest
Talking gfi fixed

well I finialy found the proublem. Before we bought it The seller fixed an outside socket on other end of trailer (50' away). When they fixed it the wires fell out of slip in connectors. so no electic to other socket. I replaced socket all is fine now . thanks for the reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: