Outlet Location Requirements

Old 07-14-05, 10:07 AM
Chris Perkins
Visiting Guest
Outlet Location Requirements

Hey guys, I'm getting a house built and I have a coding question. If you have a single wall that connects two rooms, can two outlets be attached to the same stud? In other words, can the same stud be used to attach two outlet boxes facing the opposite direction? Each outlet box is on either side of the stud, not on top of each other. Thanks

Old 07-14-05, 10:16 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Thats fine if both are talking electrical outlets.

Old 07-14-05, 10:47 AM
Chris Perkins
Visiting Guest
Thanks Roger, I've got to go back and see if they were on the same line.

Old 07-16-05, 07:57 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I read Roger's reply and was curious why he mentions if they are talking outlets. Can you have two different circuits running down opposite sides of a stud? I think my kitchen and living room have this setup. The kitchen outlet is on it's GFI circuit, and the living room has it's own circuit. Thanks...

Old 07-16-05, 10:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
All of these scenarios are fine.

I am curious as to why the concern??
Do you not trust your electrician?

Old 07-16-05, 10:35 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Drew as I reread my post I had to laugh as it should not have said "talking outlets" . That would be a first. My intent, as poorly as it was stated, was if these are receptacles for house wiring it is fine.....sorry for the error maybe I need to brush up on my english.

Old 07-16-05, 11:31 AM
D
No problem Roger. I just took it as talking ment on the same circuit anyway. Petey, thanks for the response to my question also. I was curious why it was being questioned in the first place also, but when I read Rogers response it made me post my question. Thanks again guys...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: