Finding an electrician

Old 07-17-05, 07:37 PM
Angry Finding an electrician

How do I go about finding a reputable electrician? I'm in an area, southwest of Chicago, where there is a boom in home building and all the electricians I've called in this, and the surrounding areas, for estimates are "too busy" with their commercial work to be bothered with an individual homeowner!
I need some outlets installed in the basement, ceiling fan boxes installed in the upstairs bedrooms and outlets installed in the garage. Guess everyone is "fat" with work now and no one seems interested in even coming out to give estimates!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-05, 08:06 PM
Talk to friends and coworkers. Someone knows an electrician who will come out to do the work.

Old 07-18-05, 08:20 AM
tranch,

Check your yellowpages and look for a firm that has " Service " in the description of their services. May times a firm that has service work and advertises 24 hour service work will have an electrician who can handle those smaller tasks.

Just make sure the one you choose is actually licensed and bonded. Also check your local newspaper as in some areas they have a part of the classified where professionals advertise their services.