question

Old 07-25-05, 07:24 AM
ally68
Visiting Guest
question

Over the last few days I have had intermitent dimming, power slumps you might say, just once or twice a day. not related to anything starting no ac or other heavy load kicking on. once when it hapened it also affected my nieghbor other times he was not at home.

My question is we have had record heat as have most. Also had a bad storm sat night. Is this most likely the power company switching or working on the lines. It has not been enuf of a dip to reset clocks just enuf to dim lights and such?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-05, 07:36 AM
What is the duration of a slump? A fraction of a second? A second? A minute? Many minutes?

Yes, it could very well be the power company. You could call them and ask.

Old 07-25-05, 07:42 AM
ally68
Visiting Guest
fraction of a second

Old 07-25-05, 07:58 AM
Hard to say for sure. It could be a voltage drop in the power generation. It could be the startup of the A/C of the guy down the street. It could be a loose connection somewhere. It could be something is starting up that you don't notice(refrigerator, clothes iron, freezer, sump pump, etc.). Your level of concern should probably be proportional to how severely it dims.

Old 07-25-05, 09:00 AM
ally68
Visiting Guest
ok it dims very slightly not even enuf to reset my microwave clock also called electric company and they confirmed they had a limb on a line over the week end could not say for sure if it would cause my issues but good chance they said it is all fixed now. I know for sure it was not from a.c. tad bit longer then the a.c. and we have never had this happen before so I will blame it on the limb or the high power usage due to excessive heat. An see if it happens anymore. And since it dims very little I will not worry for now thanks john you are always a big help. As you can tell I am a worry wart and have a major fear of fire.

Old 07-25-05, 09:50 AM
The excessive heat in many areas of the country also put a strain on the electrical grid in many areas because the use of AC units and so on always increase and this can cause what you are seeing as well.