bath vent fan wiring

Old 08-06-05, 08:15 PM
mlv
Visiting Guest
bath vent fan wiring

I want to install new vent fan to work with existing ceiling lite - same switch to turn on both lite and fan. Cable from wall switch to light fixture has red, black, white wires, no ground. Wire from lite fixture to rest of circuit is standard 14-2. Wall switch box has 2 switches for separate mirror and ceiling lites. Wall switch box has red, black and ground at the lite switch I want to use. Fan has green, black, and white wiring. Can I wire fan between the lite and switch? How should different colors be connected?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-05, 04:53 AM
Connect the fan in parallel to the existing light. The light is powered by the white wire and the red wire. Connect the new fan to those same two wires.

Old 08-09-05, 08:44 AM
silversurferx2
Visiting Guest
Red face bath vent wiring II

I have similar promblem, with a little variance, and alot more wires to connect. I want installl a vent fan with a light and fan. In schematic for the broan vent fan, it shows whts all pigged tailed,one black to black, blue to blk, at switch box, I have, blk and wht, blk wht red, and, blk wht red and blue, now how do I wire these to switch light, fan light? thank you i n a advance

Old 08-09-05, 09:16 AM
You need to tell us what wires are what (which are fan and which are ceiling), and you need to tell us the wiring at the switch(es).