new cook/old oven...HELP!!

Old 08-17-05, 10:41 AM
dawno
Visiting Guest
new cook/old oven...HELP!!

Hello, I have just purchased a 14 year old home w/the original oven, a 1991 built-in Sears wall unit. I am unaware of how to use and have contacted Sears, the owner's manual is "out of print" and the only way to get assistance with the use is with a "service call" from Sears. I would appreciate any info that can be given to me. The oven is a push-button and programmable. Time, cook time, timer, bake, self-clean and broil. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-05, 11:57 AM
I don't think I can help but if you post a model number it will help some who might be of assistance.

Old 08-17-05, 12:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
To use this as a plain old oven, you usually press the "bake" button then either type in the desired temperature or use the arrow up and down keys to select the temperature. The oven will usually beep once it has reached temperature. Also, there is often an "off" or "cancel" button to turn off the baking.

As far as the special features, play with it and see what happens; they're not that complicated. Just be sure to press "off" when you're done. A model number would help by the way.

Old 08-17-05, 12:54 PM
Have you posted this question down on the appliance forum? Even though the manual is out of print make sure you tell them the model #. I'm sure they can give you a run down on its operation.

Last edited by Roger; 08-17-05 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-17-05, 08:42 PM
montag
Visiting Guest
Keep in mind the sears does not make anything. It was made by one of the big appliance manufactures. Likely they have a similer one that you might get a manual for.

The first 3 digits of the sears model number is the manufacture code.