Need Hi-Bay lighting advice, please

Old 08-18-05, 10:40 AM
Question Need Hi-Bay lighting advice, please

Hi All,
I am usually one of the folks here giving advice, but now I need some
I have a TV studio with eight 500w incandescent hi-bay fixtures. These lights are EXTREMELY inefficient, and burn out constantly. These lights are not used during any TV production; they are just work lights.
I want to replace these with something much more efficient, longer lasting, and brighter. They must be "instant-on", so that rules out most HID lighting. I have heard of T-5 and T-8 fluorescent hi-bay lighting, and I am looking for any advice or experience with these, both good and bad.
Also, if anyone has any suggestions on other styles of lighting to consider, I'd love to hear it!
Forgive me if this post belongs in the lighting forum, I just figured there'd be more electricians on this board.
Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-05, 01:36 PM
Cooper Lighting's Magna-Bay fluorescent hi-bays are the cat's behind, I highly reccommend them for your situation.

As a side note, check with your local power co., they may offer rebates for such a retrofit.

Old 08-19-05, 06:01 PM
Yes!
That's perfect!
Thanks!

Old 08-19-05, 06:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I have seen those T-5 fluorescent high bay lights in large stores. They do look like they work very well.
I haven't installed any yet though.