Socket switch replacement

Old 08-21-05, 01:40 AM
greenhornet812
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Socket switch replacement

OK In my bedroom we repainted... looked nice except for old socket covers and switch and covers.. .so I decided to replace them. In this room there are 4 sockets (they are double sockets as usual) on one of the socket sides (top I think) this socket comes on by switching the wall switch on as you come in the door. of course so you can plug a lamp into it and turn on a lamp when you enter the room....all I thought I did was reattach the wiring that was already there and exactly the way it was...well with new socket and switches..... and guess what.. now the socket works all the time the switch does not turn it off or on.....HELP WHY???? I looked at the switch I used looks exactly like the one I removed same with the switch...incidently the switch (both the new and old) have on and off on the switch. Anyone know of how to get the switch turning the socket on and off again????

Old 08-21-05, 02:13 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You need to break off a brass jumper that's on the receptacle. it connects the upper brass screw to the lower brass screw.
Do not remove the jumper that's connecting the silver screws.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: