Dedicated Outlet

Old 08-26-05, 06:02 PM
wdodds
Visiting Guest
Question Dedicated Outlet

Can anyone explain to me how to go about replacing an old dedicated outlet installed in my apartment?
This outlet has it's own fuse, but it is useless because I can't plug anything into it.
Thanks

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-05, 08:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Since this is in an apartment you may not have the legal right to make changes to something that does not belong to you. Have you asked the landlord to change it?

What was this receptacle for and what do you want to use in it if it is changed?

Old 08-27-05, 07:02 AM
wdodds
Visiting Guest
Dedicated Outlet

I have asked my landlord. So far they refuse to change it. It is a dedicated outlet for an air conditioner that has it's own fuse, but I can not use it because the plug is outdated. I want to be able to plug my air conditioner into it.Thanks.

Old 08-27-05, 02:12 PM
If your landlord won't help, your two options are: (1) live without A/C, or (2) move.

You might try approaching your landlord differently. Perhaps you can offer to share in the cost. Or maybe sign a longer lease. You need to motivate him somehow.

Note that this project may be considerably more involved than changing the outlet. There are lots of potentially complicating factors.