Buss bar discoloration

Old 08-30-05, 10:45 PM
bmartinez
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Buss bar discoloration

I am selling my home and the inspector found discoloration on the buss bar can anyone tell me why this would happen and if it needs to be replaced

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-05, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by bmartinez
I am selling my home and the inspector found discoloration on the buss bar can anyone tell me why this would happen and if it needs to be replaced
I am guessing that this is a Pushmatic panel? You probably have or have had a loose connection and it heated up. When the metal heats up it will discolor.

Make sure all connections are tight. If it is a pushmatic panel then be carefull not to let the screwdriver slip. Those panels have been known to claim many screwdrivers.

You should be OK after this.

Old 08-31-05, 09:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by bmartinez
It depends on the severity of the heat damage to the buss bar. If this is an issue with the buyers, I highly recommend you have the panel inspected by a licenced electrician. Home inspectors are great for pointing out potential problems, but they often lack the expertise to deal with a specific issue. This is especially true when it comes to electrical.