Changing 220 to 110


Old 09-01-05, 02:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Changing 220 to 110

Hello everyone. I have a home built in 1968 that has the original cooktop and double wall oven. I want to change it out with gas and 110. What is the best way to convert the 220 to 110? thank you very much
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-05, 03:04 PM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
The problem with converting is that the old electrical wiring may not have a grounding wire or conduit. So you first need to check to see if the existing wiring is in metallic conduit all the way from the panel (to provide grounding), or if there is a bare or green wire coming to the location to provide the grounding. If the answer is no to all, then you need to run a new circuit. If you do have grounding, post back for more information.
Old 09-01-05, 03:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 10,533
Please describe the wires you have available at the existing 220 receptacle, and someone will be able to advise you further. Also, please indicate if the existing wire is copper or aluminum and if you have a fuse box or breaker panel.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes