Kenmore Clothes Dryer Help

Old 09-01-05, 04:01 PM
Question Kenmore Clothes Dryer Help

I have a 3yr old Kenmore 110.73932104 27" dryer. Went to use it last night, no dice. Load it up, clean screen, shut door and push go button, it will power up and turn when I hold the button, but if I let go of the start button it shuts off. I checked the door switch, with the door open, if I push the switch the light inside goes off, and I assume that means it thinks its closed and will run. If I hold the door switch and start button it runs, let go of the door switch and it stops. Seems like a latching problem with the relay or something? I am not sure, looking for info on where to look...??? Anyone?

Thanks a ton!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-05, 04:16 PM
With another search and a few minutes, I found similar complaints and symptoms from someone else stating the even heat dryer board. I am wondering if anyone else has been able to fix the components on the board, this place sell the replacement board for $120...yikes, I can fix the board, anyone have any experience on this problem?

http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp...&SeqID=1&Chg=6

Old 09-01-05, 05:30 PM
Well, I am far from an expert, but I've had a similar problem.

Check the pipe that goes from your dryer to the pipe going outside. If it is too long, has too many bends, or has built-up lint in it, you'll need to address it.

Mine did a similar thing to what you described, and I found out the hose was smashed against the wall, heat built up, and the dryer shut off. Then I went outside, removed a little plastic grate from the dryer vent, and a TON (we're talking a ball of lint the size of two softballs) fell on the ground.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-01-05, 05:45 PM
yes, i checked the basics before going this far. my pipe is maybe 6 feet long to the outside, totally empty as I empty it yearly...