Wires

Old 09-09-05, 06:02 AM
LinT
Visiting Guest
Wires

When my kitchen was originally put in, the the cabinets were put on top of the electrical wires (they notched out the cabinets) I tore out the old cabinets and am wondering if the new installers will have a problem with this. Has anyone encounterd this before? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-05, 06:43 PM
Is there any way you can bury them in the walls? If you can cut the drywall before the new cabinets get their then the cabinets will cover the damage.

This could be a problem. The installers might cut the cabinets but it's not realy the best way to do it. They may also void any warranties you have.

Old 09-11-05, 06:56 PM
I would try to run the cables in the walls.The cabinet installers may {by no fault of their own} may pinch a cable with a cabinet or hit a wire with a screw during the install causing arcing & a fire hazard.As a last resort you may have to run new circuits depending upon the layout of the house.

Old 09-11-05, 08:09 PM
If your remodel is involving any plumbing or electrical work such that a permit is involved, an inspector would probably insist that the surface wiring be fixed. Anyway, you new cabinet installers will not be at all happy about having to deal with this, and I would expect a charge for extra work. You still then run the risk that something will be damaged.