Plug on coffee maker


Old 09-11-05, 02:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Plug on coffee maker

A coffee making machine bought in Germany and brought back to UK as a gift.
It has a 2 pin plug can it be converted safely in some way to work on UK system.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-05, 09:01 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 2,041
What voltage do they run in Germany, and what voltage do you run in the UK?
Old 09-11-05, 11:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by 594tough
What voltage do they run in Germany, and what voltage do you run in the UK?
240volts in UK not sure about Germany, Thanks anyway
Old 09-11-05, 12:08 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 995
nominally 220-230 volts, 50 Hz in Germany.
Old 09-11-05, 08:57 PM
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,767
The EU harmonizes voltage is 230V +10% -6%, 50 Hz, that includes the UK and Germany. The appliance will work fine.

You can get adapters to convert one to the other, but get a good one that will take the power the coffe maker will draw, and has a 13A fuse.
Or get an electrician to make one with a trailing Shucko socket attached to a BS1363 plug.

Last edited by classicsat; 09-11-05 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-16-05, 02:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks everyone for your replies, i wondered if there was an adapter that could be used as i've only seen 2 pin to 3 or shaver plugs which are unsuitable as they're just 1 amp. Its clear from your replies that you can get them so i'll keep looking.
Thanks again.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes