Good Residential Wiring Books

Old 09-13-05, 05:05 PM
curlywiz
Visiting Guest
Good Residential Wiring Books

Does anyone have a good Residential Electrical book they'd reccommend for a beginner?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-05, 05:23 PM
Depends on the scope of the projects you intend to undertake. But I'd probably start with Black & Decker's Complete Guide to Home Wiring, available at most home centers. If you're going to do something as extensive as wiring a basement finish, you'll need something more code-oriented, such as Wiring Simplified. If you're planning to wire a whole house, you'll need one of those $100 books such as Wiring a House. If you go to Home Depot, I'd take a look at their Electrical 123 book too. Read a few pages of each book and see which one seems to speak your language.

I may not have gotten all the titles word-for-word correct. Go to your home center and browse.

Old 09-13-05, 07:02 PM
Ditto John's recommendations.

"Wiring a House" (revised), by Rex Cauldwell is an amazingly good book for the serious DIYer. Written by a seasoned pro who knows how to communicate well and lots of pictures. If you're doing more than switching out a couple lights/ switches, you'll never regret this purchase.

Old 09-14-05, 06:10 AM
i went to my local library .. they had over 20 books from beginners to code/advance books .. look over them and see which one is good for you .. borrow or buy it ..

Old 09-17-05, 06:48 PM
solipsist9
Visiting Guest
electrical wiring: residential
ray mullin
delmar publishing
get this one and you won't need another. it's frequently used for 1st year electrical apprentices.