Finding a replacement wallplate


Old 09-15-05, 08:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Finding a replacement wallplate

Hi there,

I'm a new member to the forum. I've just purchased a 40year old condo and want to replace the wall plates. My electrical outlets are somewhat unusual (or that's what I think). They are horizontal and have two 3-prong electrical points and one square opening. Currently the square opening contains the old-style four prong telephone socket.

I want to update both the electrics and the wall plates, but cannot locate replacements. I know you still get them - one of my neighbors had his updated. However, the general contractor that did the work refuses to divulge the source of the components as he wants to replace mine - naturally at an exhorbitant fee.

Any suggestions as to where I should look will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-05, 09:55 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
any configuration of wallplate can be obtained through an electrical supply house (NOT home depot; a real electrical supplier). while they may not stock what you need, they can order it.
Old 09-15-05, 10:14 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 995
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can you post a picture? We can probably give you part #s, and trade-names, so you're not trying to draw a picture for the minimum-wage guy at the parts counter...
Old 09-20-05, 10:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Picture of the wallplate


Thanks for the responses. I am attaching a picture of the wall plate.

- Nicole
Old 09-20-05, 11:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Okay, can't get the pic to attach, so

I am going to put it on Ofoto and link to there:

Ofoto wallplate picture

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: