Finding a replacement wallplate

Old 09-15-05, 07:23 PM
N_Kitson
Visiting Guest
Finding a replacement wallplate

Hi there,

I'm a new member to the forum. I've just purchased a 40year old condo and want to replace the wall plates. My electrical outlets are somewhat unusual (or that's what I think). They are horizontal and have two 3-prong electrical points and one square opening. Currently the square opening contains the old-style four prong telephone socket.

I want to update both the electrics and the wall plates, but cannot locate replacements. I know you still get them - one of my neighbors had his updated. However, the general contractor that did the work refuses to divulge the source of the components as he wants to replace mine - naturally at an exhorbitant fee.

Any suggestions as to where I should look will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Nicole

Old 09-15-05, 08:55 PM
solipsist9
Visiting Guest
any configuration of wallplate can be obtained through an electrical supply house (NOT home depot; a real electrical supplier). while they may not stock what you need, they can order it.

Old 09-15-05, 09:14 PM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Can you post a picture? We can probably give you part #s, and trade-names, so you're not trying to draw a picture for the minimum-wage guy at the parts counter...

Old 09-20-05, 09:54 AM
N_Kitson
Visiting Guest
Picture of the wallplate

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I am attaching a picture of the wall plate.

- Nicole

Old 09-20-05, 10:09 AM
N_Kitson
Visiting Guest
Okay, can't get the pic to attach, so

I am going to put it on Ofoto and link to there:

Ofoto wallplate picture

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: