conduit straps for gap between conduit and wall

Old 09-26-05, 03:08 PM
colpaarm
Visiting Guest
conduit straps for gap between conduit and wall

Okay, so I've successfully run 30 amps to my newly built tool shed. At this point, I'm just trying to tie up some odds and ends.

Here's my current problem. I have an LB fiting coming out of my house from the siding and running down the concrete foundation into the ground. Because the siding is not flush with the concrete base below it, but sticks out a little more (maybe an inch and a half), regular conduit straps won't work. I hope you can get the visual here. Obviously I can somehow secure shims between the conduit and concrete wall then connect the conduit straps to the shims. However, this will look unsightly. What should I do in this situation?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-05, 03:17 PM
As long the gap isn't more than an inch or so, you should be able to buy a conduit hanger that will support it away from the wall.

Old 09-26-05, 04:20 PM
If you ran 1" conduit, try a strap made for a 1.5" or 2" conduit. Slightly bending it should make it work.

Old 09-26-05, 05:04 PM
Use 2-hole galvanized straps with 2 screws-per-strap threaded into anchors set into the concrete.Machine-screws are preferable to sheet-metal screws.

With a 2-hole strap, the "pull" of the strap against the conduit is even/balanced

Old 09-27-05, 08:34 AM
colpaarm
Visiting Guest
PATTBAA, could you post a link depicting what kind of anchor your talking about? The strap part that you described is pretty much what I used on the tool shed side of the house.

Hellrazor, if anything else, I may go with your plan. I just wanted to know what the pros do, so to speak.

Old 09-27-05, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by colpaarm
I have an LB fiting coming out of my house from the siding and running down the concrete foundation into the ground.
How long is the conduit run (exit house and enters ground)?