200 amp panel replacement

Old 09-26-05, 08:22 PM
Gordon Anderson
Visiting Guest
200 amp panel replacement

I have a FPE 200 amp panel in my house and after a little research I have decided to replace the panel. This FPE panel has a bad reputation plus I need a panel with a little more space for breakers so I can feed a small panel in a shop I’m building. I'm installing a Square D panel.
I have a permit for the panel replacement and called the inspector today to schedule an inspection. He told me would inspect it after the job was done! He told me the power company would reconnect the power given I have a permit and he does not need to inspect it first. I called the power company and they confirmed. I was very surprised; I expected the inspection would be required before energizing.
Has anyone had similar experience? I live in Washington State.

--Gordon

Old 09-26-05, 08:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That is pretty typical. The other way you would be without power until the inspector showed up. That could be days.
We get pre-approval and the job is inspected afterward. If it fails the corrections must be made or the permit remains open and you have no C of O.
In extreme cases I would assume the POCO has the right to shut of power until it is corrected.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: