Funky stove plug


Old 10-05-05, 12:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Funky stove plug


I have an older style (early 80's) range and am going to replace it with a newer one I got from my inlaws. The only problem is the old range has a funky plug, not the regular plug in type that the new one has. The old one has a metal tube with wires inside of it, and it attaches to the wall (I haven't pulled them off from the wall side, but there were four wires when I pulled them off the range itself).

Is there any way that I can convert one to the other, or do I need to call an electrician?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-05, 05:04 AM
Speedy Petey's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,455
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is NO such thing as a "regular" plug. Earlier ranges used 3-prong plugs, newer ones use a 4-prong plug.
Does this new unit even have a plug, or is it hard wired? I get the impression that it is hard wired. If this is the case, from the sound of your post I would contact an electrician to either hook up the new unit or convert the wiring to make it a plug in type. He will know exactly what to do.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: