kitchen electrics


Old 10-09-05, 07:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Arrow kitchen electrics

hi im fitting a new kitchen and going frm a free standing cooker to a built in oven, hob and extractor, how can i go frm the single wire used for the free standing cooker to be able to connect all 3 plus a wall plug
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-05, 07:47 AM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 131
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Simply put. You can't. Your terminolgy implies that you are in Britain?

Hob = cooktop ?
Extractor = range hood ?

Anyways, the wall oven will likely take at least a 30 amp circuit, maybe even a 40 amp (depending on the model, whether or not it is a double oven, etc.).
The cooktop will take at least a 40 amp. Both of these are 240 volt circuits. The range hood ( & light ) will require a separate 120 volt circuit ( 15 amp would probably suffice for this - but check the manufacturer's recommendation). You could probably use the existing circuit only for the cooktop. You would hard-wire it to the box where the existing range plug is. If the existing range plug is surface mounted, you would need to install a box. It could also be surface mounted.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: