Outdoor outlets have no power

Old 10-12-05, 06:09 PM
drthoma
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Outdoor outlets have no power

I have two outdoor outlets (front/back) that have no power to them. I checked the circuit breakers and none were tripped. The house is 14 years old, we purchased it last July 2004. I replaced the two outlets and the outlet covers but still does not work. I then looked for GFCI circuits that might control them. I have one in the garage, it works, but does not connect to those two outlets. I have one in the basement bathroom, found that it had no power either, and the circuit would not reset. I purchased a new GFCI outlet and have it wired correctly to the LINE but still no power. I have no clues, could the problem be a bad circuit breaker? Problem with that is that the circuit breaker for that bathroom does knock out the power to the lights and fan. The front outdoor outlet has one line running to the box, the back outdoor outlet has two lines running to the box, the bathroom GFCI outlet has one line running to the box. The bathroom light and fan switches have four lines running to them, so I am leaning on this is where my problem might be. Is that correct or is it something else. Out of answers in Virginia.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-05, 06:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 33 Votes on 28 Posts
Keep looking for another GFI receptacle. It may be in another bathroom or a garage.

Old 10-12-05, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
And be sure to press the reset button on all the GFCI you have, even if you don't think they have anything to do with the dead outlets. For a house built in 1991, you probably have at least four GFCIs, maybe more. Find them all. It's like an Easter egg hunt.