Size conduit for 4 #6 wires

Old 10-12-05, 07:54 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Size conduit for 4 #6 wires

Hey all just wanted to verify the size conduit needed for running 4 #6 wires. I'll have about 80' of wire in the conduit and will have 3 90deg bends. My plans were to use 1 1/4", but if I can get by with anything smaller and still be able to not have too much trouble pulling the wire...it'll save me a few bucks.

Thanks - Drew

-----

My seemingly endless quest to get a compressor and have it running is almost done. Hmmm...maybe I can even start on the body work for my car now!!!

Old 10-12-05, 09:02 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Also...what is used as an access to pull wire when multiple bends are in a conduit pathway? I know there are access elbows for 1/2 and 3/4" applications, but what are used for 1" and larger??? LBs?

Thanks again...

Old 10-13-05, 07:44 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 42 Posts
Use LBs to make 90 degree transitions out through the building walls; LBs count as a pull box also. You could get by with 3/4" conduit, but I strongly recommend against that. Do not go less than 1" in my opinion. If you ever want to upgrade from 60A to 100A in the future, go with 1-1/4".

I think you should go with 1-1/4" just to save yourself the frustration of pulling wires through 3 bends in small conduit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: