Wiring for new bathroom

Old 10-17-05, 07:31 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wiring for new bathroom

I am adding a bathroom and would like some advice on the best way to run the wiring. I will be installing a vent/light combo for which I would like to be able to control the vent and light separately. The light will be on the same switch as two sconces and will be controlled by a dimmer. The vent will be on it's own switch. I will have one outlet and an electrical heater. I plan to put the heater and lights on one circuit and a the outlet on another circuit.

Is it best to run the wire for the lights/fan/heater to a junction box and split the supply three ways? Each line would then connect to the light switch, vent switch, and the thermostat for the heater.

I would then run separate lines to the heater, the lights, and the vent.

Old 10-17-05, 07:44 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It's probably going to be better to put the heater on its own 20-amp circuit, and then put the lighting and receptacle on another 20-amp circuit.

I'd probably run heater circuit directly to the heater switch, and the to the heater.

Then I'd run the other circuit directly to the GFCI outlet. Then from there (not from the load side of the GFCI) to the double-gang switch box containing the lighting and vent switches. Then run 12/3 from this switch box to the vent/light combo, and 12/2 from there to the sconces.

Old 10-17-05, 09:42 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The heater is small (1000 watts). Is there anything wrong with the way I was going to do it?

Old 10-18-05, 06:39 AM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
No, that's okay too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: